1. What is your BattleTag, class, and spec? Are you willing to change your spec?
Friktion#1275 - I'm an Affliction Warlock and I am willing to change my spec but I have been gearing stat priority to match Affliction. I am happy to switch but performance may suffer until I acquire appropriate offspec gear due to stat priority (e.g., Affliction benefits most from Mastery, yet Mastery is near useless for Demonology).
2. How old are you?
I'm 31 years old, 6" and 4". Those are two different measurements. /wink
3. Post a link to your armory profile.
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/shadow-council/syckness Please don't judge too harshly. I've been MIA for about 2 years (almost all of Legion) and only returned to WoW about a month or so ago. My current guild is casual and just for chat and trying to find pickup raids is about as fun as a cactus dildo. I don't have AOTC, obviously, and this prevents me from being allowed at the big kid's table.
4. Post a link to a screenshot of your user interface in raid combat.
https://imgur.com/a/uZqEjbU My main add-ons are ElvUI, Weak Auras 2, DBM, and Details! I have a couple of other quality of life mods, but nothing that really impacts raiding more than those.
5. How long have you been playing WoW? Have you played any other MMOs?
I've been playing on and off since Classic. In BC, I was co-GM of a decent raiding guild through the beginning of WotLC on Ysondre. Our guild name was digitaljesus but then some jackoff reported it because apparently that's sacrilegious or some shit and we had to change it to Manslaughter. I voted to change it to raptorjesus but was outvoted. I stopped raiding around mid-WotLK and completely missed Cataclysm. I started anew on Shadow Council for MoP and was pretty casual. I raided more seriously in WoD and was pretty good but then had to stop again because graduate school was kicking my ass. Now I'm back, back again, ready to raid like I did in my favorite expansion (BC).
I have also played Everquest, FFXI, and Everquest 2 briefly. Currently my friend is trying to convince me to play ESO and WoW Legacy (private WoW classic server). Not a huge fan though.
6. Explain the circumstances for leaving your previous/current guild.
They're good people and I have no problems with them but our goals are different. There is no raiding and no real team play, at least not that is visible to the regular members. Also, they don't allow swearing in chat and I've received so many goddamn warnings. Did you know "douche" is considered a swear word? That's a hygiene product!
7. List your computer specs (CPU, RAM, Video Card). To find CPU & RAM information on a Windows PC, right click on My Computer and select Properties. To find Video Card information right click on the desktop, select Properties and the Settings tab. Macs are for gnomes.
Macbook Pro with a 13.3-inch (diagonal) LED display, 3.1GHz Intel i5 which can be turbo boosted to 3.5GHz with 64mb of eDRAM (what the fuck even is that?) I've got 8 gigs of 2133MHz RAM and a Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 GPU.
Just Kidding... (I hope you laughed cause I had to Google those goddman specs).
I built my own PC. It's got an Intel i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz but I could probably overclock it some more. 16gigs of RAM, and a GeForce GTX 1070. Mobo is a Z170X-Gaming6 so upgrades are possible. Could add more RAM or a second GPU if I want to view my por- err character in 8k resolution.
8. List any prior raid experience.
Classic: MC and BWL - done to death
BC: Kara, Mag, Gruul, SSC (so many deaths to goddamn elevator boss), and TK - done to death BT and Sunwell - some experience
WotLK: Vault, Naxx, Obsidian, Eye, Ony, trial - done to death Ulduar, ICC, Ruby - some experience
MoP: LFR the hell out of everything, but I feel like that doesn't really count. Seige - done to death
WoD: LFR the hell out of everything. Some Highmaul and some Hellfire
Legion: LFR the hell out of everything and ANT- normal (and heroic is pretty much the same so I should be fine).
9. Exodus raids Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 8:00pm to 11:00pm Central Time. Raiders are expected to attend every raid, or post in the scheduling forum in advance of absences. How stable is your schedule, and do you foresee any scheduling conflicts in the near future?
Alright, this is where things get slightly complicated. I live in Arizona (aka the surface of the fucking sun) and we do not do any sort of daylight savings bullshit. So when y'all spring forward, you'll be 2 hours ahead of me and when y'all fall back, you'll be 1 hour ahead of me. This means I'm looking at 6-9pm in the spring and 7-10pm in the fall.
The good news is that I'm a therapist and I make my own hours. So I can tell sick people to fuck off in the evenings on those days. The bad news is that when you're working with the mentally ill, you sometimes get a batshit crazy fucker (that is the clinical term, trust me, I'm a doctor) at 5pm who requires hospitalization cause they're suicidal. Now you have to wait for the crises people to come out, perform their assessment, and then you have to document your ass off to avoid the inevitable lawsuit or board complaint. If that stuff happens in the spring, a 6pm start time may be difficult for me.
More bad news is I also teach and have limited control over when my classes are scheduled. I can make every effort to request a Monday/Wednesday schedule or early classes if it is Tuesday/Thursday, but can't offer any guarantees. The good news again is that currently all my classes in the fall are online so there's no problem. This means the earliest my schedule may get fucked is going to be January 2019.
10. Do you have Discord client installed? Do you have a working headset?
Yup and yup. Plus, I've been told I have a sexy-ass speaking voice. Granted it was only by my mother, but still.
11. We require all raiders to be running Deadly Boss Mods. Do you have this addon running reliably on your computer, and what other addons do you find indispensable?
Yup and please see answer above about mods. Cliff notes version is: ElvUI, Weak Auras 2, and Details!
12. Do you have a reliable internet connection? Are you able to play for extended periods of time without interruptions?
No problems here. Although my ISP is Cox and I'll give you two guesses as to what they suck. (hint: Cox).
13. Do you have a list of gear upgrades you need? If so, how did you come up with this list?
More or less, yes. I looked at the recommended BiS found on Icy-veins and compare it to some suggestions from askmrrobot. I have several of the legendary for my spec and mess around with different combinations to see what optimizes my DPS and play style too.
14. Are you a team player? Do you understand that you will sometimes be asked to do things that you don't like for the sake of the guild? This may include changing specs, farming mats, sitting out, as well as on occasion helping guild mates with random things.
Does helping guild mates with random things require kneepads? If so, are they provided? But yeah, I don't mind doing stuff with guildies or sitting out if needed. I'm looking to be part of a team that accomplishes some kick ass stuff. If I just wanted epic loot for myself, I'd pay some outrageous amount and get my ass carried.
15. Are you easily offended?
Lets put it this way: my sense of humor is so dark it doesn't have clean drinking water. Look, I work in forensic psychology. That means my caseload is generally filled with sex offenders, murderers, and the occasional crackhead; although being in Arizona it's mostly meth. Working with this population either gets you thick skin or nightly crying like a bitch. I've been in the shit for quite a few years now, so I think I'm good. The only thing that offends me are bad, lazy jokes. Like if you're gonna make fun of someone's religion or sexuality or whatever, at least make it good. "What's the difference between a Jew and a canoe, a canoe tips." Eh, that's just lazy. Instead give me something like, "Three tampons are walking down the street, which one talks to you? None, cause they're all stuck-up cunts."
16. How did you hear about Exodus?
I remember y'all from back in the day. But what made me decide to apply was a post on the forums.
17. Why do you want to be in Exodus?
Cause Moses was a pimp and I liked God in the Old Testament, he didn't take shit. But y'all also had a reputation back then of getting shit done and I'm hoping that this hasn't changed.
18. Why should Exodus want you? Describe what you can uniquely contribute that would make you valuable.
Well, I've survived graduate school and I teach statistics so I can't be the dumbest mother fucker on the server. Following simple directions like "don't stand in the fucking fire" and "stack on the bosses ass" don't require too much cognitive processing power. I don't spout half-baked boss strategies that have absolutely no basis of evidence after every wipe (what if we all stood in a circle and took turns DPSing?) and I'm used to disappointing my parents so disappointing the raid leader shouldn't be too upsetting. Honestly though, if I'm hogging all the suck, I can accept criticism. If I'm needed for something, I'll make every effort to accommodate, and I try to learn the ins and outs of my class and the boss fights.
As a bonus, I will offer a free IQ test to any player under the condition that you have to publicly post your results to everyone in the guild and on any and every social media platform. I can also do a sex offender test, but keep in mind I'm a mandated reporter so if you don't pass that one, I'll have to make a call. I wouldn't recommend that.
Also, if you don't accept me, I'm going to assume it's because of the mandated reporter joke and therefore assume that you're hiding something and still make that phone call.
19. We expect our raiders to do everything in their power to ensure their accounts remain secure. Have you been hacked in the past, and do you have a Blizzard Authenticator enabled on your account?
I got hacked once in Classic. I was so close to getting enough gold for my epic mount. I've never felt betrayal like that before or since. I've had an authenticator since, it's on my phone, so unless something shitty happens with my phone, I should be fine.
20. How do you feel about gnomes, and how can you contribute to the Exodus war on gnomes? If there is one zone in this game that I wish would get the internet AIDS, it's Gnomeregon. Seriously. When leveling alts, if I get that place in LFG, I instantly drop. I don't care how much bad karma that gets me. Fuck Gnomes, fuck their city, and fuck the squirrel they rode in on.